Jacques Pépin, the French chef known for his sauteed steak recipe, passed away on April 3rd. A new documentary on the life of the celebrated chef is set to premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in April 2019.
Jacques Pépin is an American chef who has written several cookbooks. His most famous book, Le Grand Desserts, was published in 1980 and became a best seller in France.
Sauteed Steak is on the menu in this Book recipe, and we’re going to show you how to prepare it from scratch!
Dinner has been served! Chef Jacques Pépin prepares a delectable rendition of Chef’s Steak…perfectly matched with B. Wise Vineyards.
Follow along with the recipes listed below.
- 4 New York Strip (also known as top loin or shell steaks) or sirloin tip steaks (each weighing about 9 ounces and
- 7 ounces cut; 3/4 inch thick)
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, coarsely chopped 2 big shallots
- 1 1/2 cups 4 big mushrooms, cleaned and cut into julienne strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed and coarsely minced garlic (2 big garlic cloves)
- 1 cup dry red wine with fruit (such as Beaujolais)
- 1 cup low-salt commercial chicken broth or homemade chicken stock
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon)
- 2 teaspoons water dissolved 1/2 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, freshly chopped
- Cheers with wine
- Remove any surface fat and sinew from the steaks. Season with half a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the steaks to the pan when it’s hot and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Place the steaks on a serving dish and keep them heated.
- Add the shallots to the skillet’s drippings and cook for approximately 10 seconds. Sauté for 1 minute with the mushrooms and garlic. Add the wine and cook until there are only approximately 2 tablespoons left. Reduce the stock to approximately 3/4 cup by adding it to the pot.
- Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and the last 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, stirring in the dissolved potato starch. Swirl in the butter and thoroughly combine.
- Place the steaks on separate dishes and pour sauce over and around each one. Serve with chives as a garnish.
The jacques pépin crêpes is a dish that was created by Chef Jacques Pépin. It is made with flour, eggs, milk, butter and cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make Jacques Pepin steak?
I am not sure what you mean by this question.
How do professional chefs cook steak?
They start by heating up the pan. Then, they add some oil to the pan and heat it up again. After that, they add a little bit of garlic and butter to the pan and cook it for about two minutes. After that, they add in the steak and cook it for about three minutes on each side.
Which chef makes the best steak?
I am a chef, and I cant answer that question.
- gloria pépin
- jacques pépin cooking at home
- jacques pépin wife